Old 01-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

welcome to NeuroTalk argaric

I am so sorry to hear how you have been treated. I hope you will soon feel at home here. We are a very caring community

my youngest son has Tourette syndrome with additional CAPD and sensory integration dysfunction etc etc, and I can only encourage you to move on as fast as possible from that psychologist. We learned the hard way that, just as in all professions, there are good psychs and lousy psychs. Sorry you got a lousy one!

a lot of what you are describing does sound like symptoms that may be aspergers, and I also recognize your descriptions related to the CAPD and sensory stuff from what my son has experienced

not sure if you have seen the section at PsychCentral yet where you can take tests and see if certain disorders may fit
There is one for Aspergers too
http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/

I do hope you will be able to find a competent psych who can correctly evaluate you
The info Hockey gave re head injury is also valuable in case you have in fact suffered head trauma at some time

In the meantime, I hope you will receive much support and info here

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by Chemar; 01-30-2010 at 09:29 AM. Reason: typo
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-29-2010), Hockey (01-30-2010), mrsD (01-30-2010)