View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 10:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default cancer & auto-immune diseases

any site u can share that deaks with cancer treatment for us w/CFS; FM; PMR; HYPOTHYROID;AND ADRENAL FATIGUE? 6 yrs ago I had a mastectomy w/ TRAMflap reconstruction because i didn't want a foreign matter put inside me. Now i'm facing a 2nd mastectomy & the TRAMflap is not an option> HELP ASAP....i want to get this cut out & rebuit if possible. Hope you're improving in health issues...God bless..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlek View Post
I too have auto-immune issues [serious ones], and Cancer...I received an implant and am in [I believe] a clinical trial for same... For me: I ALREADY had immune issues, more than one. For me: the implant issue was a no brainer as I had severe balance deficits and that few extra ounces of whatever stuff made the difference between listing to dangerous falls or maybe keeping an even keel.
The surgeon and plastic surgeon I was lucky enough to have counsel and treatment from are both researchers and practioners of the highest degree. Both having done extensive research in major area facilities on this very subject. I did not go into this all blindly! Nor for vanity purposes at all-merely pragmatic ones.
BTW? I'm in a TEN year trial, not a quickie...and, I get tested out the wazoo for the cancer, my immune issues and other stuffs that you would not believe...

Believe me, I understand and appreciate all the creatures who sacrifice their lives for my health! Did you know that there are specialized breeds of creatures to help research in auto-immune diseases such as Alzheimers, MS, MD, Immune Deficiencies and Parkinsons? I have to tell you that I once encountered a PETA person who was soo ignorant of key relevant facts about some critters, that when I shared it w/other professionals in that animal field...they all almost choked in laughter? This person was serious, well meaning, but had NO grasp of facts...IN CONTEXT. Me? I am grateful daily that these creatures are giving their lives to help the well being of me and soo many others. They are valuable animals that are well cared for..I know of vets who are on-call to such facilities and they are amazed at the quality of their care.

Soo, I have to ask YOU? Do YOU have immune issues? If so what? There are many here all over the boards who have them, but, we also happen to have 'implants' of varied types, not only 'breast' implants. Knee, Hip, and you name it's...who have effects of our bodies simply not liking them.

IF you have immune issues, there are many on these boards who can help you. Or steer you to resources that can help you. Please don't hesitate to ask questions, I am sure that either I or many others will try and help you - j
sunsetlala is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote