View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 11:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Chalmich
Im so sorry to hear of your calmaity . Since its been a short time since the invasive surgery,,there is alot of hope for you,,there are many things and avenues to try,,meaning that rsd is weird, what works well with one may not for another . The blocks seem to be a wise first choice ,anti-inflammatories are recomended,and as hannah mentioned, warm soaks do really well,I also get relief in my foot by wrapping in while im in bed in a warm towel,inside a dry towel,,wet heat is better than dry. but heating pads help, neurontion[gabapentin] helps,alot of dr's reommend a muscle relaxant,alot of people seem to do well on bacofeln and zanaflex..I also have sen a huge relief fron a antideppressant,,i use xanax,,I have deep bone pain,I had a total hip eplacement and rsd is deep in my bones,,xanax does bring my pain from a 8 to a 5,,,you can use pain meds,nut some of the things that i menetion ,dont mask the pain,, they get rid of it to a certain degree,,,my dr just started me on clonidine,,its a blood pressure med,,i dont have high BP but its made to address rsd nerve pain as well,,,,just a few ideas,I do hope that you only have rsd I and not II {causalgia] nerve entrapment,,thats the aggressive one,,,,,,,,I hope and ptay that it calms down,,,,,,,,,bobber
bobber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chalmich (01-29-2010)