View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 11:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

yes, while RSD is in its 'active' stage... it part of having it is skin changes. My rsd came after surgery as well so i understand. Mine was really red and looked like mold was growing on it... pretty nasty. But I am sure your CRPS is not under control so it is normal for that to happen. It is just the nerves firing off like crazy and how our bodies react. Also, I got a warm humidifier for my room, and I noticed that it has helped ALOT with my skin not feeling as dry with all the weather changes. Warm heat is best yes, and they say water therapy, if you have a warm pool, or jacuzzi it is REALLY REALLY good to keep moving. Bottom line, is dont stop moving it-- we all know and understand the pain of having to move our limbs but otherwise muscles deteriorate and its worse to get back. Number one thing for crps is treating it early... with medications blocks, and PT, but NO ICE-- whatever you do NO ICE ice is horrrrrrrrrible for rsd... hang in there!

Also, warm baths with epsom salt, or i found dead sea salt with minerals. Also, i put a little bit of vitamin E oil in the water in the bath so my skin doesnt get so dried out from being soaked so much!!! And calming music, make sure you stay calm, and keep emotions at bay. It helps alot when it comes to my CRPS, whenever i get irriatated or angry, my rsd acts up within seconds or minutes I can tell I need to sit and listen to calming music and take deep breaths. Just with your doctor-- hear his goals and his plan for you. Where are you from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalmich View Post
Thank you so much for replying. Actually, I do have a question. There are days that the redness is much worse than others. It's always there - but sometimes a pale red, others a bright red. Is this normal for CRPS?
hannah1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bobber (02-01-2010)