View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 01:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you so much for all the great tips! I live in Arizona, so dryness is a problem anyway. And so funny you mentioned how stress can cause the RSD (they actually called it CRPS - is it the same?) to act up. I had a little argument with my Mom today on the phone, and after hanging up my foot was just burning. I lifted my pant leg to take a peek and sure enough - it was beet red all the way up to the knee! I thought maybe I had aggravated it by my sitting position. But after your explanation, now I know that skyrocketing emotions will show up where the RSD/CRPS is. How strange! I guess I have a lot to learn about this. It is just really bizarre - one second so hot, then freezing cold, then red, then pale, then a blue bruised look in some of the toes. I do keep moving it, trying to walk. But everytime I do, the leg from the knee down gets red and hot. It is tempting to just not try, but I know that is a huge NO NO. My physical therapist said that I literally have to beat this thing into submission. No matter the pain, keep putting pressure, keep trying to walk and keep moving. He has had a few cases like mine before and he says it takes about 3-6 months of constant work, but it will retreat. And my doc said that rest is my biggest enemy. Do you ever have days with no symptoms? Or is it always there?
chalmich is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (02-04-2010)