Thread: New and scared
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 07:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky429 View Post
I am 29 and was just recently diagnosed with a syrinx cyst in my spinal cord.It started after the birth of my fourth child and he is now 5 months old.It started with a sore shoulder and the doctor thought it was a strained trapezius muscle I then started to experience numbness in right arm and hand and i dropped my baby one day because of it,so i go back to doctor and they send me to therapy.I went for about 5 sessions and the pain did not get better it seemed to progress.At one therapy session they put me in traction and when it would pull my neck up my right leg would involuntarily jerk so the therapist said he would not see me anymore until i went and got an MRI.I went to get an MRI and was in it like 30 minutes and the nurse pulls me out and says we are going to put contrat in you and i asked her why when my doctor ordered it without and she said because the doctor here wants it so i knew they saw something.Three days later doctor tells me no bulging or herniated discs but you do have a cyst on your spinal cord. I was stunned and scared.My doctor did not have any answers to my questions so i go to see a neurosurgeon in february.The syrinx is located at my c/6 to t/2 and is 8mm wide..Recently have been getting numbness in right leg and the sensation of ice water going up and down spine and now feeling sharp pains in my head that also feel like ice water running threw brain..I am scared and i am in pain trying to take care of a five month old is not easy with all of this going on so if any one can shed some light on this for me i would be truely grateful.
Feb? Push your doctor for a appt. sooner before permanent nerve damage is done
Feel the Burn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
vicky429 (01-30-2010)