Old 01-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

so sad to hear of this

Lizard, you are so right re needing to help kids understand the difference between fantasy and reality with all the violence they are exposed to via TV, movies and video/computer games!

I too wonder whether medications may have played a role in all this, having experienced a brief period of medication induced psychosis with my son 7 years ago. He didnt hurt anyone else but he did hurt himself and it was awful for him because he literally couldnt stop.....thank God a savvy doctor recognised what was happening and helped us withdraw from the medication cocktail that was inducing the psychosis!

Lara, sounds like we have very similar son's!
One thing that comforts me is that my son seems to have learned (sadly by experience) as to just how mean some can be, especially when they perceive any "difference" as with his TS. He seemed to find a way to diffuse bullies with a sharp sense of humor which has thankfully protected him thus far.
He is very outspoken and doesnt hestitate to stand up for what he believes is right, or to come to the defense of the "underdog".
I feel a bit less concerned about it now that he is a six footer at 17!

Still, I think for all of us mom's with kids who have any form of illness or neruo issues etc....we are always feeling that extra sense of concern

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote