View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 05:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ferrets.....

I can see a ferret being a good ESA (Eemotional Support Animal), and they are small and easy to transport. If the little girl in question HAD stuck a finger in the cage, the bite wouldn't have been on her arm...what about using screen material anyplace a finger can be stuck in to avoid the possibilty of a bite? It would show that you take the public's safety into consideration....and while you know he/she wouldn't bite, no one else does.

We have two Chihuahua mixes that go everywhere with us, both are trained for hearing assist and our female alerts to sugar highs and lows for my husband. Only state we have had real problems with taking them in was Arizona....we live in Washington state now and the stores, etc are very dog friendly here as far as service animals go.

I have trouble keeping people away from our dogs, everyone wants to pet them because they are so cute....and while they have never offered to bite anyone, I can't 100% say it would never happen. Bearbear broke his leg in 4 places in 2008 and he never offered to bite even though his was in pain, but that could have turned out very differently!

Ever alert to our needs, they nap nearby at a craft sale, they are with us every place we go....

CrystalSword is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote