View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 09:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default question about PN

Hi all,
I was wondering if exposure to chemicals or hazardous waste can be a contributing factor to PN.

We used to incinerate our waste at the hospital but the lab waste was sent out.

Some how.................the lab waste was throw into the cinerato r without my knowledge. (accidently, I think not). The person who did it let me go in and rake up the ashes and chunks so that everything would ignite again.

I started vacation the next week and the following week nothing was said to me because they had the wrong persons name down as working that shift. So I did not have the 24 hr urine or blood testing for almost 3 weeks. By that time mercury, formaldehyde and any other lab chemicals would have already been well absorbed into my tissue and there was no sign of anything but low level mecury which I was told was in normal range.

This was about 5 years ago and the man was fired and nobody pursued it and so I didn't either. I am losing feeling in my left hand, grip strength, muscle mass, there is pain, sensitivity to hot and really bad to cold and also my feet tingle all the time. This has come on quite rapidly and is moving up my wrist in the past month.

Does anyone have any info on this? I am going to get a list of what exactly was burned that day. I want to give the list to Mayo. I am not a person for law suits, but I am sure that it will be like pulling teeth to get that info, but I have my sources.

Any help I can give the doctors may aid them in getting to the root of all of my maladies. Maybe they all tie in.

Any input from you good folks would be greatly appreciated.

Judy
heyjude5050 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote