View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 04:11 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart Dear Majo

oh dear. you know. i was thinking. i don't know if the not being able to talk was a panic/anxiety thing, or if it was an inexplicable inability to speak (aphasia). i don't even know if, subjectively, one could tell the difference. but, aphasia can happen with certain types of migraine aura. and since you are also reporting a "skull-ache" ... now, i am wondering if it might not be good to consult a neurologist - before a psychiatrist - and report these things? (i say before, because, once one has any sort of psych label attributed to them, it is harder to get docs to pay attention and investigate other symptoms - that can even be the cause of some or all of the psych symptoms.) there are many types of treatment for migraine.

do you perchance ever have light/sound sensitivity? nausea? do you have headaches / skullaches often?

migraines can also cause mood swings... and not always do they come with a headache - a person can have an acephalgic or "silent" migraine which may include any of the other phases however.

this is just a thought. i do not know if this is what is happening, i am not a doc, and even if i were, not even a doc can make a diagnosis over the net.

anyway i continue to hope that you start feeling better. i am not sure how quickly you can see a professional. so i am hoping good days just start coming your way.

~ waves ~
waves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-31-2010), barbo (01-31-2010), BlueMajo (01-31-2010), Brokenfriend (01-31-2010), Hockey (01-31-2010), thelonely1 (02-02-2010)