View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 04:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi All, It has been a while since I last posted. I have had a whirlwind month since then. I had my small fiber confirmed by Cleveland Clinic(mild to moderate)- a 1 week bout and hospital stay w/ pancreatitis- switched from neurontin to cymbalta to now nothing except supplements. Also had bad experience w/ capsaicin-WOW was that hot! I am now however doing much better and have learned to control blood sugar. Cymbalta made me sick and not able to urinate- did help some w/ pain. Right or wrong I at least have myself convinced that pain has decreased-don't know if this is due to supp's- sugar under control or my imagination. I am excercising regularly. I wanted to express my appreciation to all who replied when I was way down around Christmas- you will never know how much your support and information helped! I still feel I got a raw deal w/ A1C of 5.7 180lbs and never any Diabetes suggestion and feeling fine and wham SFN out of blue- but I have gotten to the resolved to beat it stage! Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Not sure how it works in US but in OZ you can buy a glucose meter in a pharmacy or over the net but we get a script to suit the meter from a doc for the testing strips, the needles can be purchaced over the counter at any pharmacy.
I did try low dose Neurontin at first but it made me feel awfull, so the doc put me on Tramadol SR [slow release] and Endep as well, they worked very well for me, meds are an individual thing, what works for some may not work for others.

The hot/cold sensations is proof that your small fibre nerves are affected as their job is to send messagers of sensation [ hot, cold, pain ] to the brain, if they are damaged they send confused signals which the brain misinterprets.
crewski is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brian (01-31-2010), mrsD (01-31-2010)