View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 04:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4thebest View Post
Dear friends,
I try to read the boards for a few brief moments but have not posted, as my 97 year old mother has been very ill with pneumonia..E.R. Paramedics, in the hospital. The reality of working full time, and my mother, now incapacitated, and needing full time care for now, is raining down on me...tryin' to hang on!
I've had very little sleep in the last 10 days..my brother came up to help but he has to go home in about 10 days..

I have an appt. next Monday, at Stanford Pain Center that I have been waiting a long time for, that I cannot miss...(W.C. finally approved it, only after a lot of letter writing, phone calls, etc.. )
everything, once again, is changing.

In skimming over the inspiring posts about favorite places,
I wanted to share my love for the ocean, it's source of comfort, many memories, and recollections of hiking along it's shores and coastal mountains with the waves glinting in the sun.

I can only hike in my mind (new sport...mind-hiking and mind-waling!) as the RSD is in my legs (and now possibley in shoulder, arm and jaw..
One night in RSD pain, (we all have those nights!) and trying to do deep breathing, I listened to a C.D. of ocean waves, and wrote a few lines in the middle of the night...

PACIFIC

I feel it breathe
with its ebb and flow
filling me, too, with frothy air
and sea bubbles.
It heaves with murky, ancient mystery.
It's constancy infuses me with hope.
..inhale, exhale, ebb and flow,
external respiration,
dear, old ocean-friend, always there,
Reminding me to smile and breathe again.

We receive comfort and inspiration from many sources, from Nature and from Spirit; it is uplifting to read and be bolstered by everyone's experience.
I think about all of you everyday..and you are my sources of inspiration.
Take good care, friends...I hope you are having some good moments and/or days of comfort! talk to you soon..

Much love,
hope4thebest
Hope4thebest..... I am so so sorry for your ailing Mom and all of your concerns with taking care of her.... It is never easy to have our parents be ill...it crushes us!! I hope you can care for her in manner you wish to without too much pain.....

You and I have some real stuff in common!!!!! My RSD originated in my legs and is also in my shoulder, arm, jaw....I can understand the legs and arm stuff but jaw too???? Now that is weird!! Jaw pain even without chewing..nerve pain, right and does it radiate along the jaw line?? Myself.. I was tipped off because the most pain was near a tooth that has had a root canal so no nerve there to cause pain but my Endodontist can see a "halo" on the xray in the nerve bed...

Tell me you experience.... BTW... I loved reading your dream spot... it is wonderful and needed for us all to have a place of seclusion... I so want my mountain one day... but as yourself.. can not walk well so where am I going I ask ya??

Soft hugz...KS
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hope4thebest (02-03-2010)