View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 11:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Allergy Shots

Hi-

I was diagnosed at age 25 and I am now 34, and I started allergy shots when I was 33, back last April 2006, so almost a year now.

I am assuming its the actual shots where they stick you 150 times to decide your serum in each shot...?

I was encouraged to see this allergist by my therapist who specializes in addictions and adhd, neurofeedback. The allergist promotes a yeast free diet and or gluten free diet that I did for awhile also and it helped. Either way, I stopped the diet, continued the shots and I am okay. My therapist, and this is not exact science here, seems to think that molds, allergies to molds, esp in buildings can provoke a reaction from an adhd child, or red dyes in certain drinks, like gatorade? This is just off the cuff stuff I have heard from her. I am def. bipolar, so I just gave it a shot for my own self, plus I live in the deep south now.

I have NOT noticed that they affect my medication at all, but that is just me. I take Lamictal and Seroquel.

I cannot be sure its the same for your son. Usually, they say you can see a reaction the hour or day of the shot, notice anything that actual day?? Maybe a trial period of skipping the shots?? I have heard alot of people who know I get the shots, say they don't work, or they never worked for them?? I researched it a bit, and the call it immunotherapy, and all I could find was basically an answer of it takes a year or so to see if they really work, and basically I am going to have to be the one who kinda determines if it works. It all is kind of speculative to me, because I can say yeah, I think its helped, but I still got the flu and could not breathe?? I don't know.

Last edited by nuttybuddy; 01-21-2007 at 11:31 AM.