View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 09:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

When I lived in WA state, I had a setup like that for the last several years. I wore a wristband with a button to press if I needed help, and there was a speakerphone in my bedroom where somebody would come on the line and ask if I needed help.

That was provided thanks to state social services benefits, and I didn't pay a cent for it. In fact, I was strongly encouraged to get it though I found it to be a nuisance sometimes.

There were times when they made mistakes--and came on the phone even though I hadn't pressed any button. There were other times when there was interference with my phone or Internet connection.

Wearing the wrist band was easier than wearing the pendant for me (I tried both). The wrist band wasn't a problem at all. It was so lightweight I wasn't even aware of it most of the time.

Here in Oregon I no longer have this and can't say I miss it much. But I live in a place with emergency pull cords in the bathroom and bedroom--and anyone pulling the cord will have a call put through to 911.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, osteopenia.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, 12/16/20 - 3/16/24
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (02-01-2010), SallyC (01-31-2010)