Thread: Twitchy Eyes
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 03:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default blurred vision

the first MG symptoms I had (in retrospect, as at that time I did not even think of MG, nor did the eye doc. I consulted) was blurring of my vision when I tried to look at the microscope.
I was quite sure that I had some occlussion of one of my blood vessels and was extremely relieved to know that I did not.

initially I only had those obscure symptoms, when I looked at the microscope. and it took me quite a while to understand, that the reason for that was not "psychological" but due to the bright light!

after trying, quite unsuccessfuly (with the aid of a psychologist) to "figure out" why I became "afraid" to see my patient's samples and reach the proper diagnosis, to the extent that I "developed" somatic symptoms, I realized that I can "cure" my fear, by decreasing the brightness of the light.

by the way, it was eventually found out (by an excellent neuro-ophtalmologist) that my illness affects also the muscles of accomodation ( a rare, but described involvent of MG), and that was initially more pronounced leading to more blurred vision, and less obvious diplopia or ptosis (although both were present, but to a much lesser extent).

alice
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (02-01-2010)