View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 08:41 AM
mhr4

mhr4

Default Hyper Baric Oxygent Therapy (HBOT) for Chronic TBI

I posted on this before, but I have discovered new information on this therapy. It was once thought that HBOT only works for acute brain injuries. These guys are proving that paradigm to be false. They are currently conducting a study on the effectiveness of HBOT on chronic brain injury ranging from 6 months to years post injury. Most of their work to date has been on Iraqi war vets, but they treat anyone with a brain injury. They are also currently conducting a study on chronic tbi. Thus far, they have produced dramatic results. So, it looks like this could be a viable option for brain rehab. The only caveat is that it does cots a lot of money to do this with the fees ranging from $4,000-$6,000 per treatment protocol that consists of 40 sessions. However, a lot of the centers recognize that most brain injury survivors aren't able to work, so they are offering huge financial assistance through endowment funds, non profit organizations and discounts.

And I believe that the Government pays for it in the UK if you've had a brain injury. A guy from Ireland told me this but I haven't verified this yet. So, you guys will have to look into this for yourselves. Worth a shot though, in my opinion.

http://www.hbot.com/SPECT-imaging-PDF
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote