View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 10:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Sukadog, I understand how you feel. I started with RSD in left arm and blocks didnt work great so I did the trial SCS and it worked too well-I was unusual, and was getting sensation in my whole body. I thought it was great for my pain but was reluctant because I was very active and afraid of RSD spreading. So I stuck with meds and therapy. Within 6 months my RSD is now considered General CRPS because it has spread to all 4 extremities. My treatment recommendation now is Ketamine coma. I wont do that yet. But I do regret not getting the SCS. I have researched that SCS may work but when they stop working they can cause RSD to spread because your body rejects it. I think I should have gotten it and when it stops working I should have just removed it. As for being worried about not being able to run or stretch, like i thought, well now I have trouble just walking so I am in worse condition. It is difficult to make decisions when you have RSD because you hear 2 sides to all treatments. Who knows maybe my RSD would have spread even with the SCS (then I would thought it was because of getting it). I guess we all have to do reseach and make choices we are comfortable with. Best of Luck with your decision. Keep warm. momof4
RNcrps2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote