View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 05:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Respond by not buying it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLSmi View Post

The fact that Merck has licensed that technology makes me wonder if they are already doing the phase III trial with the intent of abandoning Sinemet CR in favor of marketing this newer formulation. It would be a great excuse for jacking up the price of the drug.
Robert,

What you have said sounds plausible and likely if they are intending to market a new formulation of something that has been around and untouched for many years.

I agree we should be angry and express concern but I worry that boycotting research hurts us more than helps in the long run. I take CR but honestly like Lindy it more helps smooth out dopa peaks or spikes rather than gives me a longer duration.

One way we can speak is to not buy Sinemet. period. Hoarding is exactly what is expected. I've been toying with trying Zandopa (mucuna pruriens) and making my own capsules...now seems like a great time to do so. I know that this is not feasible for some, but it would be fantastic time to send the message that we are not enslaved by them; there are alternatives.

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote