View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 05:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome to NT

So sorry for your condition. You've had some good advice to start with. There's so much info here, with helpful things to try, it's amazing.

You have a lot of problems. My 1st pain management doc said I would be like peeling an onion off in layers. He was correct in that respect. I guess some onions are bigger than others.

I've lived through 7 yrs of hell. accident in 10-2000. These last 3 have been with much improvement. Keeps getting better for me.

It may take some time to figure out what might relieve some of your symptoms. I do believe you can improve on some things/areas. We'll help you figure things out. Just ask. Let us know what you're having the most difficulties with.

I've found that keeping my upper body "fleece warm" with blankets, throws or warmer clothes helps my pain level. Heating pads are comforting but not good in the long run, especially when you need them like we do. Hands covered with arm socks or nosepicker gloves. (You can get those at the Harley shops.) Inhale water. breathing exercises, posture, Theracane, balls, LED and infrared light pads, all shapes of pillows (neck/bone shaped pillows are comfortable for neck). palms up, like on the anatomy charts will show the figure posed.

At my workstation, I've got articulating arm supports (took them off for a whle but have put them back in use-aggravating at times), oversized tennis ball, 1 of my Miracle Balls, a long dressing mirror at the side of my station so I can keep an eye on my posture. I call it the "Posture Police." Fleece blanket, arm socks if I need them. I used to use wrist splints with thumb spicas, right and left, Kinesio tape (helped me with ADLs and kitchen duties, keyboarding. So many things.

I found some injections helped and some didn't.

I understand being too sore to work on, but I let them anyway. Some of that helped and some of that didn't. I've been through a lot of different things. I'm much better these days and my pain levels would be from 1-4, maybe a 6 some evenings. Driving gets me, still.

I understand if you're just not able to do any, and I mean any kind of stretches or exercises, but have it as a goal in the near future. Squeezing toothpaste was painful, and that cap... ugh!!!!

I understand the dark side of pain. Been there. 24/7 @ pain levels of 7-10, with very few 7s. Don't even want to think about it, really.

For now, you just do what you have to do to get through it.

We are willing to share our experiences and help you figure things out. No question is too silly here.

We understand.

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MarketRisk (02-02-2010)