Thread: Twitchy Eyes
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 06:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by suev View Post
For those of you who have eye troubles - what were your first signs? I've had some muscle twitching occasionally in the past. But the last few days it has been really frequent and irritating.

No double vision - but sometimes blurry for a few seconds following what feels like deep muscle spasms. Rubbing doesn't help -- sometimes it feels like my eyes can't get 'back to center' when I open them up after a good rub.

I've tried to peg it when my last Mesty was but there is no relationship there.

I've even tried to see the twitching in the mirror and can't. For something that feels so dramatic on the inside - - there's nothing on the outside!!

Thoughts anyone?
Thanks,
Sue
Exactly how my double vision started, in fact that is how my MG started...

Now that I have had MG for about 9 months (I think?) when my eyes feel this way it is because either:
1- Too much Mestinon (usual cause)
2- Not enough Mestinon
3- Too much stress or activity

When my eyes feel twitchy from too much Mestinon, it usually starts about 20 minutes after I take Mestinon and lasts for at least an hour and then slowly fades.

If stress causes my eyes to twitch it happens immediately as I experience stress. I have no tolerance for stressful situations, even small amounts of stress. If I don't relax within about 5 minutes, my MG symptoms progress into extreme weakness which is scary.

Twitchy eyes seem to be my first sign that I need to take some kind of action so I don't get worse symptoms.

I hope your eyes are feeling better.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
suev (02-02-2010)