View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 09:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Creative cooks...I'm in a rut!

We recently took my oldest dairy free, and its helping (I'm glad, but also a little sad...I like casein! Not just the taste, but the easy snack options...)

Anyways...Now that she's decided she wants to stay dairy free, I'm trying to come up with family meals.

Family restrictions: Dairy, limited eggs; Peanuts and Tree nuts, lentils, peas (Hoping some of these are outgrown, but haven't challenged her yet); gluten, CORN (all derivatives), potato, squash, green beans, asparagus, citrus, cruciferous veggies, kidney beans & relatives, olives/olive oil, lettuce and beef/flesh foods. Oh, we challenged salmon and it didn't go well for 2 out of 4...I'll try again in a few months, but, until then assuming fish is out for family meals.

Obviously I'm making 2 meals right now, like rice for all plus beans for one and eggs and cheese for the others, but, on some nights that degenerates into a can of soup for one, a frozen entree for another, cup noodles for dh and eggs for me...and though its all "quick and easy"; it isn't fun. And its probably going to add up (although compared to specialty food meeting all restrictions, maybe not so much)
mistofviolets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote