View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 03:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalmich View Post
Thank you for your reply! Very interesting what you said about how BP meds can calm the nerves down. When I was at the doc yesterday, they took my BP and it was 40 points higher than normal and my pulse rate was also very high. I was really surprised because I always have very LOW blood pressure. The nurse told me that when you have pain, your BP increases dramatically. They view it as another marker. Like I mentioned in another post...I have A LOT to learn! This thing is so weird and hard to understand. And even harder to live with!
Hi Chalmich and welcome to neurotalk, I am very sorry you have this disorder. You will fine so much information, compassion, and kindness here. Like was mentioned, we are all different in our response to various treatments. I live in Scottsdale-don't know where waddell is. We have support groups in Phoenix and Tucson. You can get phone numbers from RSDSA and put in your zip code. Or you can private message me and I will be happy to get that to you. Our meetings are once a month on Saturday
RSD is an autonomic disorder, which means involuntary organs are affected.like heart lungs, The sympathetic nervous system affects blood pressure and the para sympathetic nervous system causes low blood pressure, which I passed out from for a long time. Affects the immune system
circulation.
Swimming is good for us or water walking. Water needs to be 86 degrees.
Hot Tub temperature I've heard is too hot for us..
I'm curious where you are getting pt and who your rsd dr. is? I had an excellent ortho hand dr. and pt downtown phoenix.
I was on neuroton for a long time and it packs on the weight- so be careful. I took 3200 mg to stop the electric shocks and jolts. I gradually went off and the shocks, spasms never came back. I take lorazepam an anti-anxiety med and he helps with staying calm.
I've had this for 15 years and am full body or generalized plus have it internally. It came immediately after surgery, but wasn't diagnosed for 4 years. I did start pt right away, as I got frozen shoulder(really rsd)
Hope the best for you, your friend, loretta with soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote