View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 07:34 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Waves, I've made some progress.

I am a very, very, very long way from where I was before the accident - and there's no way I'm ever going to make it even half way back. Like you, I get frustrated and (especially if I make the mistake of comparing "new" me to "old" me) I have moments of deep, deep despair. There are even periods when I sort of give up for a time. I guess I just can't imagine giving up forever. That, I suppose, might be the upside of the stubborn personality that drove my parents to distraction. Conversely, I may just have some reality issues.

The really hard part comes when you're working as hard as you can - and fate bites you in the bum with yet another unforeseen or unavoidable setback. Still, I figure if I'm ever going to catch a break, I need to be in the ball park. (On the other hand, I might just get mowed down by another drunk driver. lol)

I think I can appreciate how hard you're working. I know I understand that the longer you fight against a health issue, the more your supports seem to melt away until it feels like you're alone against the world.

And the world can be pretty hard on folks like us; that's why we have to cut ourselves some slack. I read your posts: you're smart, funny, resourceful and kind. I just wish you could celebrate that just a tiny little bit.

Cheers
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (02-02-2010), barbo (02-02-2010), bizi (02-02-2010), Nik-key (02-03-2010), thelonely1 (02-02-2010), waves (02-02-2010)