View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 10:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink

I am 28. I was diagnosed with RSD in March 08. I have had many sprained my right ankle many times through high school. Through most of high school I stayed on cruthches due to the intense pain in my ankle. I would have MRI after MRI to be told it was in my head. I would do physical therapy, and to no avail it made it worse. My doctor kept treating me like all I was, was a teenager looking for my next high. But the truth of it was that I was a straight A student that had never smoked, drinked, or did any kind of drugs. He told me just to take aleve and that should help. This continued for years until I fell again in December 07. When I fell, I went to the Er. They put it in a splint and told me to see an orthopedist. My ortho doc here in town did not take my insurance. At the time I was so upset but, it turns out it was a blessing. Since he did not take my insurance I had to start looking elsewhere for a doc. That is when I found my ortho I am now seeing who knows alot about RSD. After being in a cast for 6 weeks, the pain was still very much there. I told him of my troubles since high school and he said he believed it was RSD. He then sent me to a pain management doc. They are like very best friends and would talk about my case together. I had a triphase bone scan and some tempeature test done which then comfirmed the diagnosise that had been many years in the making and suffering. I then recieved a lumbar spinal block which did make temperature difference but not a pain difference. After many attempts and a epidural drip for 5 days inpatient, I had a spinal cord stimulator implanted in April 09. This has helped so much with the pain but the battery is so sore. They have me taking Gabapentin 800mg, Hydrocodone10-325, orphenadrine 100mg, meloxicam 15mg,sertraline 100mg, buspirone 15mg, and trazodone 50mg. I see them as well as a physciatrist to help with the depression that just comes with it. I am so glad to have people to understand what you are going through to talk to. I look forward to talking in the future!!
abrown176 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (02-20-2010)