View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 11:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default medicating by the TSH test or by symtoms relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMajo View Post
Hey there Diogenes !

You are right, Im on "Euthirox" from Merck every day... it is levothyroxine, and I take 50 micrograms every day...

To be honest, I dont see any effect on my depression... not even on my weight...
Thanks for letting me know. Every symptom of hypothyroidism can also be a symtom with other possible causes. It looks like the depressive symptoms in this case are not caused by the hypothyroidism.

With one small cavaet. Is your doctor adjusting your meds to try to reach a particular TSH number or is he or she adjusting your meds with an eye on your symptoms first and not going into HYPER.

Some doc's shoot for a target, and then the symptoms you're left with are "well, that's just the way it is". There are some doc's in the U.S. (not a lot) who say going for a particular generally accepted TSH number really ignores the individuality of people and their response to medication. They say, lets go right up to the borderline of Hyper, and see what disappears. Then maybe back off a little. At least we will know what is caused by hypo and what it takes to minimize it.
Diogenes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueMajo (02-04-2010)