View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 02:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlyn View Post
I have a longstanding dx of Primary Lateral Sclerosis but a new neurologist thinks I show Parkinsonism traits (??) slowness in my hands and feet, finger tapping and opening/closing of hands. She has started me on Carbidopa-Levo 25a -100, and recently Lodosyn 25mg 3x daily. I have severe nausea but the dose does speed up my finger tapping quite dramatically, though not sure if it's a good trade-off considering the nausea. My questions:
Since I have a good reponse, finger tapping wise, should it also improve my walking? I drag my right leg (foot drop) and sometimes the left also, get worse the more I walk, but sometimes I walk really good. This has been a mystery since I shouldn't have such fluctuations with PLS, so maybe a Parkinsonism type thing? Neuro says not Parkinsons, but a Parkinsonism type thing.
Does the nausea eventually go away? If not, I really don't want to take the stuff.
Last question, my neuro tried to get the Spect scan that measures dopamine levels, but couldn't find where we could get it done other than UCLA, and said I'd have to pay out of pocket. Any suggestions on who does it? I live in the San Diego area.
Thanks for any help with these questions.
In the U.K and Canada you can get Motilium (domperidone)It is routinely prescibed when P.D drugs are first taken here in the U.K.You may be able to get some from a reputable source on line. Secondly,always make sure you have your meds with something to eat.Something as small as a couple of dry sweet biscuits helps. (Do you have rich tea biscuits in the U.S as they are ideal)Consult your neurologist or Primary Care Doctor and see if you an divide the doses in half and then take them more frequently.Hang on there. The nausea does go.
EnglishCountryDancer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jenlyn (02-03-2010)