View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My exercise may be held off of for a bit.

I fell down on the ice in the driveway about an hour ago. I'm still cataloging all the pain and potential injuries.

Both knees. Left arm, left wrist, and left shoulder. Right hand and wrist. Low back. It might have woken up the neck injury that I got last fall.

Right foot slipped out and I went straight down on the right knee. Left leg was in front of me, like I was kneeling on one knee with the other knee in front of me. I couldnt stand up on my own because of the ice. I had my mom roll me one of her rollators in the garage and used that to stand up.

Yay for mom's assistive devices! Her rollators have come in handy for me. There's no way she could have helped me up by herself, and I didnt want her anywhere near the ice. I made her stay in the garage and just aim the rollator towards me. Yay for wheels!

It doesnt feel like all my weight went onto the right knee...because my left leg stayed in front of me, I think I caught myself enough to spare myself serious knee damage, but not enough to spare myself the pain in my arm and hands. Too bad neither of my knees likes being bent in either of those positions like that, especially the suddenness of being dropped like that onto the ground. I think my left knee got twisted while the right knee got smacked around a little bit. (surprisingly, the knee pain doesnt feel all that horrible. Left wrist and back hurt more than my knees)

There's a perfect impression of my left hand in the snow where I fell. Big hand print. I'm probably lucky I didnt break my wrist. (been there, done that before) It feels like I came pretty close to it tho. It doesnt feel like anything is broken anywhere tho. Just really really freaking sore. Especially my low back (right around the small of the back, just below that some too) and the left wrist and arm.

I think it set off the Hug in my ribs on the left side...I wasnt feeling "loved" by the Hug until about 20 minutes ago. I hope that goes away really quickly.

I'm going to go take a Baclofen, and a handful of Ibuprofen and go back to bed. (I got 3hrs of sleep last night)

I'm really glad I got my hair cut friday. (chopped off a ton of hair) Now I wont have to worry about trying to do anything to my hair with a sore wrist. I'm going to go lay down and wait for everything to start swelling up. Owwwww!

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote