View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 03:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momlovetobake View Post
Hello everyone!!

I am 33 years old and been battling with rsd for almost a year now. I develped this from a carpel tunnel surgery. I have Rsd in both of my arms starting from my fingers all the up to about my shoulders. During the day i have pains nonstop in both my upper thighs but goes away then comes back sometimes at night. My upper extremities are always a constant 10 or above. I got myfirst nerve block last month and did not work at all. I am scheduled for the other side this Thurs. Could someone explain to me how does this work or if this has helped anyone? I been trying my hardest to keep a positive attitude but it does not help when im in constant pain no matter what. I am still new to this and anything anyone can share please let me know..Thanks
Well allow me..Momlovetobake..... First of all..let me say I am so very sorry for you having to join us here in having to suffer with RSD... It is a very painful condition that just robs us of our "easy" life... life does become a challenge and trully does complicate things...As far as the nerve blocks..it essentialy does that..by the Dr. injecting anestic..it is menat to interrupt the signal from the nerve to your brain ..the flow of pain in order to give you a break.. I had 4 out of five every other week for several months, mine did not work either..there are many interventions being offered out there..The key is to keep moving forward and do NOT give up... Keep moving as RSD will freeze you up and be open and ready to try new pain intervention methods when offered... Many of us here have had RSD for many many years... many here take much medicine to help elevate their pain ( I can not take anything)... others are at the point of going for Ketamine treatments (I am scheduled for 3/2010)... At any rate..Most importantly is do not use ice... work closely with a very knowledgeable good RSD Dr. and stay close to us here on this forum as we are a close knit group who care a great deal about our family here... A wonderful weath of knowledge and our life lines!! Welcome again,

Hugz, KS
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (02-03-2010)