Old 02-02-2010, 05:41 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momlovetobake View Post
Hello everyone!!

I am 33 years old and been battling with rsd for almost a year now. I develped this from a carpel tunnel surgery. I have Rsd in both of my arms starting from my fingers all the up to about my shoulders. During the day i have pains nonstop in both my upper thighs but goes away then comes back sometimes at night. My upper extremities are always a constant 10 or above. I got myfirst nerve block last month and did not work at all. I am scheduled for the other side this Thurs. Could someone explain to me how does this work or if this has helped anyone? I been trying my hardest to keep a positive attitude but it does not help when im in constant pain no matter what. I am still new to this and anything anyone can share please let me know..Thanks
Hello, and welcome, Moml2bake..
I've had rsd, and other injuries since 83.
It is a bear to deal with, I must say, as I'm getting older now, (53),So I know that when it's called a "Use it or Lose it" kind of disease, that's a FACT!
You've got to keep moving. Or, the your muscles will atrophy, and be gone. Gotto move through the pain. Not 'strengthening' exercise, but keep moving.

Do you have a good DR, who really knows RSD? Do you feel confident with your doctor?

I've had blocks, ordered by Dr S (Schwartzman), and they were only for diagnostic use.
If it doesn't work for you, then you probably need to move on to something else.

I take methadone, cymbalta, diazepam, migraine meds, and zanaflex.
I also use lidocaine patches.

There is a world of "remedies" that will help you deal with the pain, but remember, nobody can make it "go away" 100%, and that should not be your goal. Make life tolerable, so you can live it, and you'll do well.
I've heard many people say they're FAR more satisfied with a pump than the SCS. You should discuss that with your doctor...

RSD does spread. For me, the first several years, I had it between my shoulders, and up to my neck, and down my arm, then, it moved to the other arm.
Then, it went full body.
This is where "Using" it comes in, and can cause the spread to slow down.
Migraines are a big problem for me, along with sleep issues.

It's like having a new 'partner' in life. You've got to make deals with it, so if you have an appointment (which make me so dam paranoid), you might hafto change your schedule, or meds or rest, to be sure you can be at your best.

Give us your questions, and we'll all chip in and help you out the best we can~!

Pete

asb
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (02-03-2010)