Thread: Turmeric
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

FYI folks,

Piperine is what gives black pepper it's spiciness.
I have a friend who is a nutritionist who recommended that I use black pepper in combo with curcumins/turmeric to enhance it's beneficial effect.

I try to save money when I can and turmeric in bulk is fairly inexpensive. So is black pepper. Since I use pepper in almost everything, including desserts, it doesn't bother me. I also add turmeric to everything I am cooking. It doesn't have to be a large amount, since the cumulative benefit happens whether it is one dose or spread out through meals. We do all our cooking from scratch and make a lot of soups and stews, and I put it in eggs, sauces and it's a part of my spice rubs for meats.

You don't have to spend large amounts of money buying manufactured pills to benefit from it.

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (02-03-2010), mrsD (02-03-2010), notasperfectasyou (02-03-2010), SallyC (02-02-2010)