View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 11:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Acupuncture Time!

Went to my second Acupuncture treatment today!
Its located in San Francisco and it is affordable and I like it. Don't know if it works but I like it

The licensed acupuncturist is working of a business model that provides quiet group setting: 6 recliners with fresh linens (on the chair as well as blankets and pillows for support). The actual needling happens on distal points* on the arms and legs. In my case since the problems are upper extremities and neck my points are along the meridians on my legs. So I just roll up my jeans, lean back and get about 30 needles in me then take a nap. She insists the deeper the relaxation the better the healing process. Today I was so relaxed I conked out for 2 hours!! She said that was a good thing

Quote:
*Distal refers to a location far from the site of the pain, usually a point below the elbow or knee. The technique of needling distal points is related to the channel theory of root and branch, whereby a disease above is treated by a point below, and vice versa.

In addition to selecting distal points according to traditional theory, they may also be selected on the basis of nerve distribution. Generally, this is most useful for treatment of disorders on the limb, whereby a point located on a nerve trunk or root above the problem is selected for needling.source
Not sure if this is my cure but I will give it a whirl since the price is right and it is relaxing. I will update this as I continue with the process.. (Btw- I'm supposed to go 3 times a week but I am going to aim for twice )

http://www.caworks.org/

thursday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-05-2010), astern (02-03-2010), Jomar (02-03-2010)