View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 11:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker View Post
Hi ALL, Seeker here, Has anyone had to have a battery replaced on the older medtronics SCS? My wife has had hers for 3 years and is nearing the end of battery life. She has severe pain and her STS set to the MAX almost always. In addition she is on meth and fentnyl.

I will probably be getting a STS in the near future. Any comments concerning the new rechargable Medtronic's units
Thanks for any help.
my Prayers are with you all
I have the rechargable battery implanted. It is suppose to have up to 7 year battery life. I have had mine for almost a year. You will get a recharging pack. This contains a belt that has like a big flat oval piece that u place over the battery and a box kind of like the remote that is hooked to it to. You will plug up the box and when it shows it is charged u place the belt around u with the oval piece over the battery. I have to wear mine about an hour or two depending on how long u wait to charge it. I try to charge mine once a month or when the battery shows half. My battery poket is sore so the recharging is not very comfortable. If you let the battery discharge all they way I believe they said it could take up to 4-5 hours. I hope this has helped. If you have any more questions please pm me!
abrown176 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote