View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Hello, Lucy. Welcome to NeuroTalk!

When nerves get injured for whatever reason, they kick up a fuss.. and they cannot be ignored.

I gather from your other posts, that you have foot pain from kickboxing? This might mean some tendonitis or trauma to the ankle or the ligaments that hold the ankle together.

Here is a site with diagrams to show the foot anatomy, near the bottom of this link is the ankle. Yellow shows the nerves.
https://www.northcoastfootcare.com/f...t-anatomy.html

You can see how tightly everything is held together. Trauma to the foot and/or ankle causes internal compression of nerves, which then send signals to stop the activity and do something about whatever set them off.

I think at this point, you could benefit from soaking your feet in epsom salt baths. Using lukewarm water, and 2 to 3 oz of epsom salt powder in a dish pan, 2 or 3 times a day for a week, may help take the internal swelling down, and help those compressed nerves. The Neurontin may be making swelling worse, since it causes fluid retention in many people.

I see from your other posts, that you have ovarian cysts? Do you have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? It is called PCOS. If so, you may have elevated glucose levels, which often come with this problem. This elevation of glucose will cause its own foot problems. You may have been on the way to problems with your metabolic profile, and the exercise activity pushed you over the edge.

How old are you? What can you tell us here about your general health, medication and drug use, etc that might affect your feet?
What tests have you had? Things like that.
I am 53 and recently retired.I worked out alot then but soon realized something was wrong.You are right my Dr diagnosed me with tendinitis and a little fasciitis.I really appreciate you input I tried to stop the prednisone too quickly and was in alot of pain today so ppicked up on it again for a little while have MRI scheduled soon on back of my knees they got sore first...I take naproxen and trazadone to sleep will see dr mon..
lucyloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote