Thread: more questions
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 02:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused more questions

Hey all, Okay, went to neuro on Friday. He put me back on the Mesty. He explained that sometimes it make symptoms worse before it gets better. Ive heard that about pred but not mestinon but low and behold he was right and my upper body is doing much better but the legs are still on a vacation and dont seem to want to come back. He didnt feel my cain was safe enough and had me get a wlker with wheels, brakes, a seat and a basket. Basically the Cadillac of walkers...I hate it....but It does help alot. Anyway, I have two questions:
1. he's really wanting me to try low 10 day dose of pred. He says if I only do it when I have these bad flare ups, I dont have to worry about alot of the side effects, but Im afraid, if I do that, I will become dependant on them and use them more and more...hence, side effects. What do u think?

2. My MG was diagnosed as purely clinical. Neg emg and antibodies. but for 20 yrs ive responded well to Mesty and Neuropthomolgist felt my eyes and lids were a no brainer...."its MG". But I remember some saying "we'll wait to see if anything presents itself more clearly"...meaning MS. Has MS come up with any of you? I guess I worry since the legs just dont seem to want to come back this time.

Thnx all for any replies
draggin' is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote