View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 06:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtw84 View Post
I currently have RSD in my right leg, but I have been having ALOT of back pain and my doctor isn't sure if it is related to the RSD. He wants to do a facet block on Monday and then hit PT hard. I have read that needles in the RSD area are a big NO!!!

HELP! Can you get RSD in your back??? Should I do this block? Or can it make me worse!! I am new to this so, i am just learning all the do's and dont's! LET ME KNOW!!

Court
Hi Court, yes you can get RSD in your back. Physical Therapy by an experienced RSD pt is very important. It can keep you mobile and help with the desensitization. Because I got started immediately, I am mobile and not sensitive. Actually, I had a wrong diagnosis and delay in treatment so one hand is paratially paralyzed like a half frozen claw. It's been 15 years, and I am full body,generalized, and internally. One time my toes were curling up and my Dr. got me into therapy right away and in 4 months they were touching the floor again. I'm so grateful. I still do sretching, and exercising to keep mobile. I do have a lot of pain in my spine from the spread.
Please be cautious with needles. With a blood draw, I get a butterfly needle, which is small. Before Dentist, I get antibiocs and gas mask to relax before check up.
Hope this helps, your friend,loretta with soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote