View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 09:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am sorry you feel so poorly. I can somewhat understand how you feel as I have been there before. I have been through a lot of illness, surgery and different diagnosis' since I was about 25 years old. I am now 48 and have just received a diagnosis of small fiber neuropathy. I also have connective tissue disease, fibromyalgia and inflammatory arthritis.

My diagnosis did not come immediately and for years I had many 'normal' test results. I remember laying in bed for weeks in the hospital and at home wondering how I could possibly feel so bad and have so much pain, yet have 'normal' tests...

Fortunately, the sharp edges softened over time and I did get somewhat better. Things waxed and wained. I learned to be calm and strong. Unfortunately, a lot of 'unusual' illnesses such as autoimmune, neurological and musculoskeletal illnesses can take time to surface to where it can be identified and diagnosed...

It is fortunate that you were hospitalized and that tests were performed. It is unsettling that you still are having scary symptoms, but at least all of the things that put your health in an immediate risk have been ruled out.

Be certain to keep good medical records. Obtain them from the hospital and then with results in hand, see another doctor. Perhaps an Internal Medicine doctor.

I surely hope you feel better. Keep us informed.

Mere
Mere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote