Thread: Syringomyelia
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 10:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Help i am confused

I was diagnosed as having a syrinx in spinal cord but was having symptoms way before they found it.i was not told that i had syringomyelia or cm. My cyst is from c/6 to t/2 and is 8mm wide.the right side has been mainly affected with numbness tingling and a feeling of cold water running through it.my left arm started to hurt so severly the other night i was bawling and could not even hold baby to feed him,so i decided to go to the er and they treated me like i was a crazy person.they said they looked at my mri and the cyst could not be causing my symptoms it is not impinging anything.and furthermore they said they spoke to my neurosurgeons partner,whom i have not even seen yet until feb23 said they will not do any operations on me.i am just wondering do i keep appt with neuro???what do i do now?? If not the cyst causing symptoms what else could it be??? Someone please help me!!!!!i am on neurontin and selexa for depression and am now using a cane to help me walk..does anyone have any insight to this please help me i feel like i am losing my mind....
vicky429 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote