Thread: Bad day
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 05:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I do feel that way when I'm not feeling well...You have an infection in your sinuses, right? Having an infection can make me feel that way...

Last time, you mentioned how you still have that infection and the plasma exchange didn't work...Just wanted to let you know that this is pretty common...If you catch anything, or have an ongoing infection, those antibodies will get made up quickly, and the infection will sorta cancel out the effects of the PLEX faster than you think...It's happened to me countless times...It doesn't happen as much now that I'm on prednisone, but it used to happen all the time before I was on steroids...I've also read about others having the same experience...One girl was in the hospital, had PLEX, and caught a lung virus. This cancelled out all the PLEX she had...

I think it's best to get rid of the infection you have, rest, and then you can resume your activities...I'm not sure when your ski trip is, but hopefully, by then, you'll be feeling better...Are you weaning off of prednisone, or still at the same dose? All these medications, grouped with the complexities/individuality of the MG plus infections can make things unpredictable...But infection is definately something that will turn on the antibodies.

Sorry you're going through this, Tyson...If you're really not feeling well, call your doctor...The spacy-tingly-out-of-it-thing doesn't sound so good...I get that way if I'm anemic and stand up quickly, or really sick, or am bending down for too long, but I don't have it when I'm resting...

Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (02-04-2010)