Thread: Good Morning
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 11:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lizzie, I kind of chuckle when you ask me how much Provigil did they "put" me on? It was basically my idea to take it after being given some free samples from another doctor (which I actually tossed because I did not know that much about it and that doctor said it was "highy" addictive and I did not want to be addicted to anything), and more so after reading this forum and how it helped you and others. I got to the point I needed help staying awake more and didn't care about being addicted. So, I "asked" my Nuero for a prescription. She said she usually prescribed to her Narcoleptic patients, but said it was worth a try. I started at 1 a day and now after a month or 2 I continue with 1 in the morning and added 1/2 after my noonish nap. I still continue to take Mestinon and can take it now every 4 hours or more versus every 3 hours. Mestinon seemed to be losing its effectivenss. Now perhaps I will have to increase the Provigil, but I will wait and see. Did you start at a lower dose of Provigil in the beginning? And good luck with the Ritalin. Do you also have ADD? I know my son used to take Ritalin (Concerta) for ADD.

Best of luck lady!
snidermame is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote