View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 11:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
So tomorrow I am going back to work. I am an Assistant Store Manager at a big box retailer. I have a lot of restrictions about what I cannot do...but I am going back. I am excited and scared.

I am excited because I really love my job and I have missed it, along with the people there. It is terrible being home alone with little to no contact with other people. I want to feel like I have a purpose and that I am contributing something. I am just not the sort of person who could sit at home and not work.

I am scared because I am still in a lot of pain. I know that with RSD the pain is just something that I have to live with. But I am just scared about how much I will or will not be able to do. I know I can't do my full job, being on my feet 9+ hours a day, doing a lot of physical things like lifting and pushing, going up and down ladders, etc. I just am not physically able to do all those things with the pain, and I am scared that it just won't be good enough.

But I am totally committed to trying, I'm just not sure how it will work and I am scared. I know it's sort of silly to be scared, but I just can't shake it. I really hope that I can work something out where I can do all the work that I used to.

I think going back is going to be a good thing for me emotionally and maybe physically. I know I need to push to try to get myself back to "normal" and hopefully being back at work will force me to push myself to my limits.

I just felt like I needed to share this. My doctor just doubled my dose of Lyrica so that I am taking I think 300 MG a day and I should be getting a TENS unit in the next week or so pending approval from work comp. I am really hoping that I will be able to control the pain and that it will help me to get back to normal as well.

Congratulations on getting back to work! Just keep yourself calm, don't think about what you can and can't do or what can happen. Just relax, do what you are comfortable doing and ask for help if you can't. I wish I could get back to wkg. I cannot do my job any longer and my employer has no "light duty". So now wc has cut off my income because I have reached mmi. I have applied for unemployment, just pray I get it. We are so far behind in bills I don't know what i will do if they don't. I am on 300mg of Lyrica also as well as 60 mg Cymbalta and a compound gel. This economy is horrible, who is going to hire me at this point.

Anyway, good luck back at work. Distractions are good. I get involved in my kids activities and it helps. Just don't over do it. Enjoy it. Let us know how it goes.
stressedout is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (02-04-2010), dreambeliever128 (02-05-2010), Wilbyfree (02-06-2010)