View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 11:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessyka87 View Post
Hey I also have syringomyelia, I know kinda how it feels it sucks. Did the say what kind of surgery. I know the one my doctor was talking about is they would insert a tube into the cyst and it would drain into my lung..it's risky though because it deals with the spinal cord..Thankfully my cyst isin't growing so no surgery yet.If it starts growing then I'll have to have it.
Also I don't know if it's just me or I've noticed stress causes me alot of pain and more symptoms..
talk to your doctor see what kinda surgery they're looking into and if the cyst is growing good luck and don't leave it to long if you think it's a new symptom go to a doctor..Because the cyst can get to big where surgery's not even a option. I don't know if this helps at all
I have a question, I was found to have a syrinx cyst in spinal cord about five months after the birth of my fourth child.The symptoms started slowly at first was just a sore and painful shoulder and doc thought it was a strained trapezius and gave me anti inflammatorys.It started to get worse so i went back and told her.She sent me to P.T thinking it was a pinched nerve in neck caused by a bulging or herniated disc.I ent to about five sessions of P.T and the last one he put me in traction and every time the machine would pull my neck up my right leg would go up involuntarily.He told me he would not see me any more because of that and i needed to go get an MRI done because i also told him i had a feeling of pressure in lower back that made me feel as if i had to have a B.M and was also urinating to a point where i thought i may have been pregnant again,but i wasn't.Any ways doc ordered MRI and orfered it without contrast.While i was in MRI for like 30 mins and they take me out and insert contrast into my arm and i wanted to know why and they said because the doc here wants it put in so i knew they saw something.I went to my docs 3 days later to get results of MRI and she says no bulging or herniated discs but you do have a cyst on your spina cord.I was shocked and scared.I am having debilitating nerve pain that they put me on neurontin to help it .I have feelings of cold water that runs down spine and into right leg.I am also having a hard time walking and am now using a cane on occasion to assist me.This is not me i am 29 years old and full of energy.Now i am sluggish and slow.I get numbness and tingling in right hand and leg.I went to E.R the other night because pain spread into left arm and was so severe i bawled,I had taken my neurontin for that day and even 6omg of morphine and it barely touched it.The docs there treated me like i was crazy and making all my symptoms up.They said there is no way this cyst is causing these symptoms.They checked my reflexes and even though the right leg reflex is greatly diminished they still think i am crazy and there is nothing wrong.They diagnosed me with cervical radiculopathy..Someone please help..I am getting desperate..
vicky429 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote