View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 07:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I also went back...

Good luck with your return to work. I did not go back full time I work part time my husband works so we just have had to cut back. But going back just knowing I have to get up and get dressed and see people who are also my friends has been the best theraphy(spelling) I could ask for and honestly it distracts me from the pain. Some days are hard but once I get there and start working, I am an accountant so it's not a job where I have to be on my feet but it can be very stressful especially at this time of the year.

Good luck anyway and keep positive I was scared also.

gabbycakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
So tomorrow I am going back to work. I am an Assistant Store Manager at a big box retailer. I have a lot of restrictions about what I cannot do...but I am going back. I am excited and scared.

I am excited because I really love my job and I have missed it, along with the people there. It is terrible being home alone with little to no contact with other people. I want to feel like I have a purpose and that I am contributing something. I am just not the sort of person who could sit at home and not work.

I am scared because I am still in a lot of pain. I know that with RSD the pain is just something that I have to live with. But I am just scared about how much I will or will not be able to do. I know I can't do my full job, being on my feet 9+ hours a day, doing a lot of physical things like lifting and pushing, going up and down ladders, etc. I just am not physically able to do all those things with the pain, and I am scared that it just won't be good enough.

But I am totally committed to trying, I'm just not sure how it will work and I am scared. I know it's sort of silly to be scared, but I just can't shake it. I really hope that I can work something out where I can do all the work that I used to.

I think going back is going to be a good thing for me emotionally and maybe physically. I know I need to push to try to get myself back to "normal" and hopefully being back at work will force me to push myself to my limits.

I just felt like I needed to share this. My doctor just doubled my dose of Lyrica so that I am taking I think 300 MG a day and I should be getting a TENS unit in the next week or so pending approval from work comp. I am really hoping that I will be able to control the pain and that it will help me to get back to normal as well.
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (02-05-2010), Wilbyfree (02-05-2010)