View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 08:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbycakes View Post
Good luck with your return to work. I did not go back full time I work part time my husband works so we just have had to cut back. But going back just knowing I have to get up and get dressed and see people who are also my friends has been the best theraphy(spelling) I could ask for and honestly it distracts me from the pain. Some days are hard but once I get there and start working, I am an accountant so it's not a job where I have to be on my feet but it can be very stressful especially at this time of the year.

Good luck anyway and keep positive I was scared also.

gabbycakes

Hello catra121...

I too hand it to you in that you can return to your work..once diagnosised with my RSD..I worked for 2.5 years more and it was my pleasure to be there.. Now I have exausted my opportunity to work as physically it is just not possible..As Loretta said..the things I always enjoyed before seem to be my least favorite things to do and I can no longer bring myself to do them..I was a tennis instructor for years..and was a big skater and worked in the medical field... but theses things are no longer ... yes, our purpose in life changes and it can be a pretty empty feeling once we hit that time in our illness... good ole progression..so to you..I tip my hat as you need to get back out there as long as you have the desire physical ability...I know just how satisfying it is to be part of the gang!!

Hugz for luck and a less pain day...KS
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (02-05-2010), Wilbyfree (02-05-2010)