View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 02:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

AS far as RSI , yes I am a cardiovascular sonographer, or was till I was fired for being injured or disabled from pushing the 500 lb machine to EACH patients room to perform ultrasound exam. I also have de-quivraens and carpal tunnel, the carpal tunnel was diagnosed long ago, but the de-quivarens was from recent MRI.

I also moved heavy furniture from hospital rooms to fit equipment so I could extend arms to reach patients to perform exams, the exams can take between 25 to 45 minutes a piece with both arms abducted at same time, one on patient constantly scanning the other on machine capturing images adjusting controls constantly and dictating ( typing notes and things on the screen for the Doctor who reads)

There are OSHA studies that dictate how injurious our jobs are,but pushing and pulling that equipment ( 500 lbs ) I am 115 lbs to EACH patients room has absolutely tore me down, my neck is not the only problem, I had severe hip pain from trying to pull the machine at times to get it to all the rooms, pushed that thing over carpet, horrendous, and the force on my legs would literally twist the socks off my feet when moving it all around hospital ...yes I asked for OSHA's assistance and received no help and believe that was part of why they fired me. the termination letter stated they would not accommodate a non work injury ir any medical-disabilty . I asked for accommodations 12 times in writing and they his the fact that they were now allowing my co-workers who did not complain to use hopsital transporters ( that will bring patients to them instead of taking the 600 lb to the patients )

I was out on FMLA when this occurred and I gave input before asking that I be allowed to use transport so that I could do the essintial function of my job which is scanning patients, but they denied me and the tainted workers comp system and Doctors included could not see that my neck has injuries, could not see how pulling 500 lbs all day and moving furniture was injurious on top of the known RSI from our jobs already that is well known.....

Just really down that my career is ruined and no one wants to step up and of course they fired me over all this, there is so much retaliation that went on, it is mind blowing, I actually got a letter from the HR manager that said I was not allowed to communicate with my co-workers at all and ask no questions of and they forced our director who TRIED to help us to resign and also told him he was not allowed to speak to me, a might mare and there is more...but right now just need to see what is wrong with me physically i have not improved at all.
rk44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote