View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Do you have a GOOD wc atty on your case yet?

A good one should have some good & claim knowledgeable drs on a list.
I suggest interviewing quite a few and assess the office & staff- a good professional office & staff should mean a good atty- but that's my logic anyway..
mine had a unorganized staff & office - but I didn't really know what I was doing so went with it and I think I didn't get the best outcome . But I did things on my own as far as healing so I'm doing oK that way.
But I could never go back to the same type of work or I would be in a relapse and probably worse symptoms each time I returned.
Wc had already returned me to work 4 times after I "healed" each time I was injured & each time I was worse off.

If some of this stuff does show up on films/tests then you at least have some proof of injury.
And esp if you haven't had any accidents or injury to that area previously - they may try to blame it on that.

But I would suggest that you might have the actual c spine thing happening as well as some TOS or chronic RSI going on too.
You might need to find an advanced PT that can do a full in depth assessment /evaluation. Some states/wc will allow you to choose a dr of your choice & that dr would refer you to the adv PT person.
but that comes back the to wc atty - best to find one and get hi/her opinion on drs.

Best to not communicate to co workers anymore- they may let something slip and it could get to HR or WC and go against you.
I learned this after the fact... mums the word.

Pushing/pulling and the static arm postures you describe are a real set up for c spine as well as muscular/nerve problems.
So reading on those forum links I gave you should be a great help. It's lots to absorb so take breaks.

In most states if you have an active wc claim - they frown on going out on your own for care... but I did it myself..and paid cash to a very good chiro that was the best help for me.
So you also need to dig into your state's wc website, so you don't mess up your claim.

we also have a wc forum -but of course best not to post real names or too much detail as "they" may "find" the info - probably mainly applies in the long term or big $$ claims. but best to be cautious.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum30.html

Does your DC do other modalities like ultrasound, Low level laser/cold laser, Nimmo { a massage /trigger point treatment}, IF stim??
mine does all of those as well as c1/c2 & reg adjustments. Posture too.

My brain quit on me LOL, I'll let you digest this for now.
But do explore the WC forum and the TOS forum there are tips and post from others that are helpful too.
and you can also use the search tool to find specific topics or subjects.
search tool -
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/search.php

you probably know this but the WC drs are not really on your side.
so don't expect miracles from them.
you need your own atty & your own dr that will support your claim of injury as well as help you get better.