View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 04:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow. You really were pushed through quickly! While your options were severely limited, it is nice to hear that someone out there got quick responses to such problems.
What my neurologist and I are trying now is a medication that limits my brain fluid production... and it is a common seizure medication (and sometimes used as a anti-depressant). While I do not have seizures, and feel no need for an anti-depressant, I am very happy with my Topimax. It does help limit my headaches from horribly and daily to really bad and a few times a week.
Then, I have another medication that will get rid of or at least make bearable 80% of the headaches that I do get. This one is called Midrin (generic is Isometh).
I take up to 2500 mcg of B12 a day. That helps with my fatigue, metabolism, nausea, and sometimes with my brain fog.
My last line of defense is a butt-load of caffeine. I drink Crystal Light On The Go waters, Strawberry/energy. They have 120mg caffeine per drink, and I have a minimum of 3 of those a day, but usually closer to 6.
I did quit smoking recently, as I know it limits the amount of oxygen to the brain. It was HARD, but I'm really glad I did it. I would love to say it helped a ton, but I can't really vouch for that, yet. It's only been a few weeks.

As for organizations, I'm still a bit of a loner on this one. I'm on a few facebook groups, and visit many sites of organizations. I do have a blog of my own experiences and rambling... and I am a member of this site and the *****, as well... which are my two favorites. I love the interactivity on these forums.

My daughter feels much like your son does. She said "If I have it, I'll know when I'm 30". I think of it as this... she knows what I'm going through. And when/if things start getting bad for her, she knows what happens, what it is, and what to do. We've decided to let it alone for now.

You are welcome to contact me anytime. I love making new friends, especially chiarians!

Last edited by mrsD; 02-05-2010 at 05:18 PM. Reason: as per NT guidelines...
bigsexybrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote