View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 05:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliaDee View Post
My bloodwork is normal with the exception of RNP antibodies, which the neuro thinks is due to MG. The diagnosis was due to symptoms, repetitive nerve stim, and single fiber EMG. I had some more blood work a couple of days ago and will find out the results in 2 weeks. Everyone, including the EMG technicians, knows about my neck issues. I only found out about the discs because my neuro sent me for an MRI. Really, I don't know for certain that I have MG yet and won't feel secure in the diagnosis until the results of the final tests come in but my neuro feels "98% certain" of the diagnosis.
DeliaDee, sounds like you have a very competent neuro -- and that you most likely DO have MG -- the SFEMG and repetitive nerve stimulation along with your symptoms pretty much tell the tale.

Mestinon does tend to make one "antsy". It increases sweating -- actually increases most bodily secretions including urination. It DOES take time to get used to -- like weeks or months. I didn't up my 30 mg dose for maybe 6 months. It is one of those meds where TOO much can make you WORSE.

My two cents?? As long as you are swallowing and breathing ok, I'd just not worry too much about everything else as far as your surgery is concerned. The MGers who tend to have the most difficulty with surgery are the ones with Bulbar symptoms -- swallowing, talking, breathing difficulties. If you haven't shown any of these, yet, chances are that you will be fine. I have been told over and over that anesthesiologists know more about MG than most OTHER doctors in the hospital -- so, before your surgery -- just check and MAKE sure that yours knows what he/she is doing!!

There are lots of really, REALLY smart people in this forum -- I hope that they will pop in here and share their expertise!!