View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi, DeliaDee. Welcome.

Did the doctor explain the RNP antibodies? They are not MG antibodies.

http://www.aruplab.com/guides/ug/tests/0050470.jsp
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/335815-overview

Do you have a rheumatologist or have you been referred to one? If not, it would be a very good idea to see one as soon as possible.

Were they able to say what caused the herniated disks?

Are you on any medications?

If you can, get copies of all of your test results. Obviously you need to have surgery if your cord is being compressed but you also need to be fully aware of any conditions you may have before surgery. That could make a difference in what drugs they use, etc.

For instance, if you have MG, using a pediatric gas to intubate instead of a muscle relaxer is a better way to go. It wears off more quickly after surgery and does not adversely affect the muscles in MG as much.

Did you notice if the 30 mg. made your muscles feel stronger? Even a small dose can make the muscles of people without MG feel stronger. Do you have ptosis (droopy eyelids)? Double vision? Have you seen a neuro-ophthalmologist? Are you short of breath too?

Mestinon can have different side effects for different people. I only had very slight sweating on the first day or two of taking it. I haven't had any side effects since and I am on 90 mg. every 3 hours. I've been taking it for nine years.

I know that panic attacks are personal but I'm wondering if you can point to an event or a drug that may have initiated them. Some drugs can bring them on or make them worse. Did you know that anger and panic can't exist in your body at the same time? Seriously, my psychologist let me in on that one. So if you can try to leave the environment you are in while you are having one, think of something that makes you angry and then, once it's gone, think of something peaceful/something you love that makes you feel safe. Try that.

I hope you get answers soon. You've got a lot going on. And, please, if you don't have a rheumatologist, get one right away.

Annie

p.s., Jana, you are really smart too, you know. And nice. And funny. Need I go on?

Last edited by AnnieB3; 02-05-2010 at 07:16 PM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jana (02-06-2010)