View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 06:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Actually, mine did stop burning, permanently. I used to have the sort of neuropathy that burned a heck of a lot (it was agony) in my hands and one foot. My hands pretty much returned to normal (very minor pain once in a blue moon), and my feet went numb. I have no idea why. My neuropathy is part of my lupus, maybe that has something to do with it.

I now have sensori-motor axonal neuropathy with numbness and motor damage. It is not yet affecting my hands, though my tests show that the values in my hands are heading towards the neuropathy happening there (it will be numbness, which I much prefer). I do not expect this type of neuropathy to go away, as I have had it for too long. The burning pain I only had for 6 months, I have had this for about 10 years or more. I have other problems with my hands - a lot of spasticity, which is not related to neuropathy as it is central in origin (from my brain).

But, I think I am pretty unusual, as I have not heard of anyone else who has had such severe pain that then disappeared. Maybe it was caused by a lupus flare, who knows.

best of luck with your neuropathy, and I hope you find a way to manage your burning

cheers

Raglet

Last edited by Raglet; 02-05-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Raglet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote