View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 06:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
DeliaDee, sounds like you have a very competent neuro -- and that you most likely DO have MG -- the SFEMG and repetitive nerve stimulation along with your symptoms pretty much tell the tale.

Mestinon does tend to make one "antsy". It increases sweating -- actually increases most bodily secretions including urination. It DOES take time to get used to -- like weeks or months. I didn't up my 30 mg dose for maybe 6 months. It is one of those meds where TOO much can make you WORSE.

My two cents?? As long as you are swallowing and breathing ok, I'd just not worry too much about everything else as far as your surgery is concerned. The MGers who tend to have the most difficulty with surgery are the ones with Bulbar symptoms -- swallowing, talking, breathing difficulties. If you haven't shown any of these, yet, chances are that you will be fine. I have been told over and over that anesthesiologists know more about MG than most OTHER doctors in the hospital -- so, before your surgery -- just check and MAKE sure that yours knows what he/she is doing!!

There are lots of really, REALLY smart people in this forum -- I hope that they will pop in here and share their expertise!!
That's pretty much the problem. I'm having trouble talking and swallowing. My breathing is fine and my pulmonary tests came out very well. But the talking and swallowing is an issue which is why the pressure is on me. I will, of course, take your advice about the anesthesiologist. I'm one of those people who ask tons of questions and wants to know everything that's going on so that shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you for your support.
DeliaDee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote